Saturday, June 12, 2010

waiting for someone to talk to you because you want to talk without them feeling obliged to reply

Many people already know this, but I hate talking to people first. Because I'm afraid they wouldn't reply or they actually don't really like talking to me just that they'll have to reply for courtesy's sake. Its different when people talk to you first, cause you know for certain they want to talk to you.

Sometimes I wait for people to smile at me before I dare to smile at them too in case I get ignored. Unless its someone I'm close to.

Sometimes I randomly text friends or write notes to them if I miss them. I like it when they do the same too. You don’t expect replies (besides ‘thanks’) when you write notes so you know they’re not obliged to reply. Its not like a conversation where it has to be ongoing even if you’ve got nothing to say. Of course its best when conversations just flow after that.

The most important thing is to bring across the point that you miss them and you want them to know that.

Face to face conversations are much better because you can read their body languages, expressions to tell what they're thinking, and there wouldn't be such thing as "oh I gtg for dinner now, bye!" or no replies.

I actually enjoy starting conversations in real life, cause I'll know when i should stop and some conversations can go on forever. The gestures and expressions add so much more value to these chats. Those who know me well should know I'll never stop talking. Talking to strangers make my day too.


Maybe I'm just afraid. I don't dare lift my expectations too high when it comes to my relationship with people in case I get disappointed. Growing up makes you think about these things, but it also helps you discover who are the ones you can really connect with.

No comments: